Mr. Russo is a frequent speaker on computer law issues and has given presentations to the American Bar Association, the Practicing Law Institute, the Computer Law Association, and the San Francisco Bay Area Intellectual Property American Inn of Court.
Mr. Russo serves as an arbitrator, mediator, and early neutral evaluator for the U.S. District Court (N.D. California), the Santa Clara County Superior Court, and the American Arbitration Association, as well as a Judge Pro Tempore of the Santa Clara County Superior Court.
Mr. Russo specializes in Internet, computer law, and intellectual property litigation. In addition, Mr. Russo is in charge of the Firm's entrepreneurship practice.
The Law of Virtual Reality
Look and Feel in Computer Software
The Law of the Internet in California "An Internet Primer"
"Trade Secrets on the Internet and in Cyberspace"
"Ethical Considerations On the Internet"
"Recent Developments in E-Commerce Law"
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Computer Law
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1980
- New York, 1981
- Hawaii, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1980
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: UCLA Moot Court
- Law Review: UCLA Law Review, Member, 1979 - 1980
- Columbia University and University of California at Berkeley
- MBA - 2003
- City University of New York, New York, New York
- B.A./M.A. magna cum laude - 1977
- Major: Urban Management
- Major: Computer and Information Science
- "Virtual Reality - A Legal Overview" with Michael Risch, Chapter 19 in Computer Software Treatise; L. J Kutten, Ed., 1994
- "Software 'Look and Feel' Protection in the 1990's", Co-Author, 15 Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal, 571-603, 1993
- "New Frontiers: Copyright Protection in Virtual Reality Works", 15 The National Law Journal S1, No. 6, October 12, 1992
- "Copyright Protection of Virtual Reality", ABA Science and Technology, 1992
- "Recent Developments in the Copyright Protection of the Look and Feel of Computer Software: Apple Computer v. Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard", 6 Software Protection 1-15, No. 10, March, 1988
- "Developments in Copyright Protection of Computer Software", 2 International Computer Law Adviser 9-12, No. 4, January, 1988
- "Software Copyright Protection", 5 Software Publisher's Association News 3-4, No. 1, January, 1988
- "The Impact of the Uniform Trade Secrets Act on California Trade Secret Law", Co-Author, Trade Secret Law Reporter, May, 1985
- "Copyright in the Look and Feel of Computer Software", The Computer Lawyer, February, 1985
- "Microcomputer Software Marketing Agreement Disputes", Practising Law Institute, 1985
- "Copyright Law and Computer Software Disputes", Practising Law Institute, 1983
- "Pre-Trial and Discovery in a Software Marketing Dispute", Law and Business, 1982
- "Protection of Computer Software After the Copyright Act of 1980", Co-Author, Law & Business, 1981
- "Intellectual Property and Creative Freedoms", Stanford University, January 30, 2007
- "What Really Happens in a Patent Appeal", San Francisco Bay Area Intellectual Property American Inn of Court, April 19, 2006
- "Law of the Internet in California" with John Kelley and Michael Risch, National Business Institute, 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- New York State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association, Science and Technology, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Sections, Member
- Santa Clara Superior Court, Judge Pro Tempore
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, Arbitrator