Silicon Valley Information Technology Lawyers
An Established Intellectual Property Law Firm
COMPUTERLAW GROUP LLP has a long and rich history, which has a different meaning in the information technology industry. Think of it this way: Jack Russo founded this firm in 1985, only two years after Sun Microsystems, Inc. opened its doors with four employees.
We are a small intellectual property law firm serving the legal needs of computer industry and high-tech companies and professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Founded in 1985, our firm has been carefully structured to provide the most thoughtful, strategic, and effective advice and legal representation possible for our clients.
Our attorneys distinguish themselves in several key ways:
- Domain knowledge. We understand the computer and information technology industries, both because our work as lawyers has focused on representing high-tech professionals and because many of our attorneys come from high-tech backgrounds, so we can "talk tech" with our clients.
- Advocacy. We are experienced advocates, in courtrooms and before mediators and arbitrators. We have experience representing both sides in intellectual property disputes, and many of our attorneys have worked as arbitrators or neutral evaluators. That experience allows us to bring a real-world perspective about options and strategy to our clients.
- Experience. Jack Russo has over 30 years of successful experience as an intellectual property lawyer in Silicon Valley and has built a team of additional experienced and bright attorneys to handle the needs of our clients. Our firm is AV-rated*, and Jack Russo has been named a Northern California SuperLawyer.
- Efficiency. No matter whether our client is a Fortune 100 company or an individual entrepreneur, we understand that legal fees are only a percentage of our clients' budget. We use cutting-edge technology and our own experience to cut through our clients' problems as efficiently as possible.
- Communication and personal service. As a small firm, we pride ourselves on keeping direct lines of communication open between our clients and the lawyers they work with. Our attorneys often take their own calls and return their own e-mails.
- Strategy. We are always thinking about long-term strategy for our clients, even when we handle immediate concerns, such as registering patents with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) or resolving infringements on copyrights, patents, or trademarks. This is why we emphasize strategic intellectual property planning as part of our services.
Learn More About Our Firm
The Firm generally requires a minimum retainer if there is an agreement to accept representation; however, in certain select circumstances the Firm will consider alternative financial arrangements, such as on a contingent fee, partial contingent fee, or stock or stock option basis. The Firm strives to meet the financial needs of entrepreneurs and young companies that are faced with intellectual property business employment and other litigation issues.
We are happy to answer your questions about intellectual property or business litigation matters. To schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers, call 650.327.9800 or send us an e-mail. We have handled cases for clients worldwide, but our focus is on the needs of computer and high-tech industry professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area, including Silicon Valley, Palo Alto, San Francisco, San Jose, Marin County, and the East Bay.
COMPUTERLAW GROUP LLP : Serving Silicon Valley, Palo Alto, San Francisco, San Jose, Marin County, and the East Bay.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.