You Develop World-Changing Ideas. We Protect Them.
Kimberly Paul Zapata
Kim is a complex business and IP litigator with over thirty years of experience managing and litigating numerous and various federal and state court matters, including, patent and trademark infringement, unfair competition, anti-trust, breach of contract, fraud, interference with business relationships and wrongful termination. Prior to coming to CLG, Kim had several Special Counsel and Partnership positions with several of Silicon Valley's pre-eminent firms.
Using her deeply rooted and diverse legal and interpersonal skills, Kim has aided numerous global, and U.S. based organizations of all sizes in resolving a wide variety of complex commercial and intellectual property disputes, while efficiently achieving their varied business goals.
Kim has assisted her clients with a wide range of legal problems, at all stages of their litigation needs, from pre-litigation counseling to filing appeals in both the state and federal courts. Kim's combination of strong communication skills and a deep understanding of substantive and procedural legal issues has allowed her to successfully represent clients in an array of business and intellectual property disputes.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: Moot Court Honors Board
- University of California, Santa Cruz, California
- B.A. - 1985
- Major: Politics
- California, 1988
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1988
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit