You Develop World-Changing Ideas. We Protect Them.
Joe has litigated a wide variety of intellectual property cases involving patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights; and business cases involving contracts, licenses, partnerships, corporations, real estate, employment, and antitrust. He has handled appeals and extraordinary writs before the Ninth Circuit and Federal Circuit Courts of Appeals, the California Supreme Court, and the California Court of Appeal.
Joe has represented large companies, small companies, and individuals in diverse industries such as software, e-commerce, radiology, medical products, semiconductors, magnetic media, toys, online dating, video games, real estate, and the legal and medical professions.
In 2021 and in 15 prior years Thomson Reuters® has named Joe a Northern California Super Lawyer in Intellectual Property Litigation. Martindale-Hubbell® has awarded him an AV Preeminent® rating. And Managing Intellectual Property Magazine, an international publication, has selected Joe as one of its IP Stars.
Prior to joining CLG, Joe was a litigation partner in major Bay Area intellectual property and general practice firms.
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, California
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- Honors: magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Western District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Federal Circuit Bar Association; San Francisco Bay Area Intellectual Property Inn of Court , Master