How We Serve Our Clients
Computerlaw Group LLP, located in downtown Palo Alto, California, is a successful intellectual property law firm founded in 1985. Our law firm is AV-rated*, and our leading partner Jack Russo has been named a Northern California SuperLawyer.
Even more importantly, Computerlaw Group LLP, has a long record of success advising computer and other high-tech industry professionals in a wide variety of intellectual property matters — from planning to prevent intellectual property violations to assertively arguing for financial compensation when IP rights are violated.
Our practice encompasses several key competencies, as described below. Our San Jose intellectual property law attorneys work as teams to address each client’s concerns. We are a purposefully cross-functional law firm.
- Computer and high-tech industry litigation: Our law firm focuses its practice on meeting the legal needs of computer industry and high-tech companies and professionals. This focus gives our lawyers an added edge — specific “domain knowledge” in this arena.
- Intellectual property litigation: Most frequently, our clients need creative and experienced attorneys to protect their intellectual property rights in litigation. We handle all types of IP litigation: patent and trademark infringements, copyright violations, theft of trade secrets, and unfair technology competition.
- Business litigation: We represent computer and high-tech industry clients in a full range of business cases. When other business conflicts arise, our experienced litigation attorneys are available to take on other types of commercial disputes.
- Employment litigation: Our employment litigation practice focuses on those issues common to technology industries: disputes over IP rights, compensation, stock purchases and stock options, and severance packages.
- Intellectual property protection: We prosecute patents and register trademarks and copyrights. Our lawyers craft these applications based upon a long-term IP protection strategy.
- Strategic intellectual property planning: We like to start at the beginning with our clients — when the intellectual property is still being born. When we can advise from the beginning, we can help craft a strong and secure intellectual property protection plan.
- Negotiation and licensing: Successful owners of intellectual property rights often turn to us for assistance in negotiating licenses.
- Mediation and arbitration: Almost every intellectual property dispute will go through some form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) before trial. Our attorneys have substantial experience taking disputes through mediation and arbitration — and many even have experience as mediators and arbitrators themselves.
- Entrepreneurship: Historically, we have believed in supporting the work and business of entrepreneurs. We have the breadth of experience necessary to counsel entrepreneurs on how to start a company and structure its intellectual property rights. We advise on raising capital and help our entrepreneurs and founders take a business life cycle approach to their business plans in order to help facilitate their company’s growth and long-term success.
Computerlaw Group LLP: Serving California, Florida, DC, New York, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.